The purposes of this organization shall be to promote and encourage:
- Quality speech, language and hearing services in Kentucky.
- Scientific study of normal and disordered human communication and related conditions.
- Prevention of human communication disorders and related conditions.
- Exchange of information among members and other professional groups.
- Dissemination of information to consumers.
- Advocacy for the rights of persons with communication disorders.
- The highest standards of professional preparation and practice.
- The professional interest of the members.
- Continuing education of members.