In response to member inquiries about the provision of service delivery due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) this page will be updated with the most current information received.
KSHA recommends regularly checking the Kentucky source for information concerning COVID-19 and the CDC websites for general guidance.
KSHA will disseminate additional information when it becomes available.
State of Kentucky Directives:
A guidance document dated 3/19/2020 by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services Office of Inspector General instructs all outpatient rehabilitative settings to close and transition to a telehealth platform.
Kentucky law requires commercial insurers and Medicaid to reimburse covered benefits at the same rate for telehealth as they would for an in-office visit. Any insurers not complying should be reported to the Department of Insurance at 800-595-6053 or by filing a complaint on behalf of the patient. Please check out these resources from ASHA regarding coding and billing for telepractice.
Further clarification was provided on 3/24/2020 providing guidance to practitioners regarding services considered emergent and urgent for outpatient services
- Memorandum dated 3/25/2020 allows for initial contact to take place via telehealth during the state of emergency
- Telehealth 101 by KSHA VP of Higher Education Joneen Lowman
- Provider Telehealth or Telephonic Health Services FAQs
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion for telehealth remote communications during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency
School Based Services
- Kentucky Department of Education Covid 19 Information and Resources
- Department of Education Question and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak
- Department of Education Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities
The information contained on this webpage is accurate to the best of our knowledge as of the date of posting. The web page is informational only and may change without notice at any time. It should not be construed as legal advice. Please consult with an attorney for issues of legal significance.