2024 iKAN Cohort
The 2024 Kentucky Advocacy Network (iKAN) program will be introduced at Convention during the Annual Membership and Advocacy Session on Wednesday. After the Convention applications to participate in the 2024 Cohort will be accepted. Audiologists and speech-pathologists are encouraged to apply. KSHA membership is required. Deadline to apply: March 1
The Kentucky Advocacy Network is a year-long program for KSHA members with leadership potential. The program encourages you to develop your leadership and advocacy skills and give back to the professions through advocacy efforts at all levels.
If you want to…
- Grow and Improve your leadership skills to drive change
- Develop a lifelong professional network
- Give back to your profession through volunteer service
- Influence policies, programs, and services
Then you should consider participating in KSHA’s Kentucky Advocacy Network!
What are the components of the Program?
If selected, you must commit to all program components:
- Participate in a three hour Kentucky Advocacy Network face-to-face workshop.
- Participate in scheduled webinars over the course of the next year on selected leadership and advocacy topics.
- Develop and complete an individual advocacy action plan.
- Actively participate with your network on KSHA state advocacy initiatives.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is no fee for participation in the participation in the program. Participants are responsible for maintaining membership to the KSHA organization and are responsible for their own convention registration and accommodations.
Who can apply?
iKAN seeks energetic people who are motivated to influence professional issues in speech-language pathology or audiology. Each cohort accepts 15 participants selected through a competitive application process. All applicants must be a KSHA member.
Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org