2019 iKAN Cohort
The 2019 Kentucky Advocacy Cohort will start on February 20, 2019 and be held at the annual KSHA Convention. Audiologists and Speech-Pathologists are encouraged to apply. KSHA will select 15 applicants to participate. KSHA membership is required.
What is the Kentucky Advocacy Network (iKAN)?
The Kentucky Advocacy Network is a year-long program for KSHA members with leadership potential. The program encourages you to develop your leadership and advocacy skills and give back to the professions through advocacy efforts at all levels.
If you want to…
- Grow and Improve your leadership skills to drive change
- Develop a lifelong professional network
- Give back to your profession through volunteer service
- Influence policies, programs, and services
Then you should consider participating in KSHA’s Kentucky Advocacy Network!
What are the components of the Program?
If selected, you must commit to all program components:
- Participate in a three hour Kentucky Advocacy Network face-to-face workshop.
- Participate in scheduled webinars over the course of the next year on selected leadership and advocacy topics.
- Develop and complete an individual advocacy action plan.
- Actively participate with your network on KSHA state advocacy initiatives.
Is there a fee to participate?
There is no fee for participation in the participation in the program. Participants are responsible for maintaining membership to the KSHA organization and are responsible for their own convention registration and accommodations.
Who can apply?
iKAN seeks energetic people who are motivated to influence professional issues in speech-language pathology or audiology. Each cohort accepts 15 participants selected through a competitive application process. All applicants must be a KSHA member.
How do I apply?
The application period for the Kentucky Advocacy Network will be open until January 15. The application process is online, and a link is available here: https://goo.gl/forms/iiODjqHRwPkspjZi2
Contact Lacey Back, KSHA President-Elect, at firstname.lastname@example.org